Dr. S. Jayanna
Dr. S. Jayanna
6th Cross (Right)
Bellary – 583 103.
Mobile No: 9449620930
Professor and Chairman
VIJAYANAGARA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
VIJAYANAGARA SRI.KRISHNADEVARAYA UNIVERSITY
JNANA SAGARA CAMPUS, VINAYAKANAGARA
CANTONMENT, BELLARY – 583104
KARNATAKA STATE, INDIA.
LAND PHONE NO: 08392-210151.
- Ph.D ., in Commerce, from KARNATAKA UNIVERSITY, DHARWAD, on
‘Non-Bank Financial Intermediaries A study of Finance Corporations in Bellary Dist.’ Guided by Dr.B.M.Wali, Karnataka University, Dharwad.
- Area of Specialization : Finance
- Master of Commerce, Karnataka University, Dharwad
- Higher Second Class (57.32%)
- Area of Specialization : Cost Accounting
- Workshops /Refresher courses/Training Programmes undergone
- Participated in Refresher courses on marketing Management organized by the Department of P.G. Studies and Research in commerce and Business Administration, University of Mysore and sponsored by UGC, held at Mysore from December 5th to Dec 19th 1983.
- Completed Courses on methodology of Rural Social Science Research, Conducted by National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad, held from June 11 to July 1st 1986.
- Participated in the AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programme for Management Teachers, Conducted at T.A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal, from June 9th to June 28th 1997.
- Participated in the workshop on use of case method Conducted by Alagappa Institute of Management, Alagappa University, Karaikudi from 29.3.1997 to 31.3.1997.
- Attended the Orientation Programme for Academic counselors of Management Programme, Conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University, the Regional Centre, Cochin, from 07.03.1995 to 09.03.1995,
- Completed the faculty Development programme on Finance sponsored by AICTE and conducted by T.A. Pai Management Institute’s quality improvement programme centre, Manipal, Karnataka, from November 15th to November 27th 1999.
- Participated in the Two-Day National Awareness workshop on National Board of Accreditation held on 19th and 20th December 2000 at Bangalore.
- Participated in the programme for “Management Teachers“ on strategic Management foundation course from 1st March-2004 to 6th March ,2004 at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB)
- Completed the Management Teachers programme- elective course titled “ Designing Organizations for uncertain Environments “ held from 22nd November to 27th November, 2004 at XLRI, Jamshedpur .
- Participated in the Management Teachers programme on Mergers, Acquisition and Corporate Restructuring conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahamadabad at Ahamedabad from 11th April to 16th April 2005.
- Attended the Management teachers’ programme on International Business Strategy organized by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade under the aegis of strategic Management Forum and All India council for Technical Education from 19th December to December 23rd 2005 at New Delhi.
- Participated in the Workshop on “Innovations in Teaching Technology” organized by the Post-graduate Departments of Studies and Research in Commerce and Management, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga on 15th and 16th March 2008.
- Participated in the faculty development programme on Nuances of strategy Implementation organized by Indian Institute of Management Kozhikade in association with SMF and AICTE during January 16th to 21st 2006.
- Participated in Management Teachers Programme on innovation and Technology strategy conducted at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon during March 6th to 10th 2006.
- Participated in one day workshop on undergraduate Semester course in commerce (V and VI Semester ) on 12th July 2008 at Department of Commerce, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga.
PAPERS PRESENTED IN NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS AND COFERENCES
- Presented a paper titled “An impact of Growth of NBFIs on Commercial Banks in India” in the International Seminar Organised by the North Karnataka Management Association Hubli-Dharwad (Karnataka State) from 11th September to13th September 1993.
- Presented a paper titled “The Role of Cost Accounting in mitigating sickness of small scale units’’ in the XLVIII. All India Commerce conference (held between December 29th and September 31st 1994) at Warangal, under the auspices of the Department of Commerce and Business Management, Kakatiya University. Warangal(A.P),
- Presented a paper titled “Lease portfolio Management scheme –Some Accounting Implications in the 21st All India Accounting conference held on 31st January and 1ST February 1998, under the auspices of Bangalore University Department of Commerce and Karnataka Branch of Indian Accounting Association at Bangalore.
- Presented a paper titled “Financial Engineering as tool to improve competence of Indian commercial Banks” in the National Seminar on contemporary issues in Management organized by the Department of Business Administration, Mangalore University, Mangala gangothri, Mangalore on 12th and 13th October 2000,
- Presented a paper titled “Causes of Sickness in small units in Bellary Dist.” In the one-day Seminar on Industrial sickness, organized by the Department of Post-graduate studies and Research in Commerce (Kuvempu University, P.G.Centre, Shivagangothri Davanagere), on 12th November 2000.
- Presented a paper titled knowledge Management Academia Mantra of Business Education “ in the Fourth State Level Conference of Teachers of Commerce and Management , held on 5th and 6th October 2001, hosted by Karnataka University and the Colleges of Commerce Teachers’ Association, Dharwad at KUD.
- Presented the papers titled:-
a) New Paradigms in knowledge Management
b) Managerial cognition and competitive strategy: an emerging Economic perspective
c) World Trade organization in the Indian Scenario
d) Financial innovation with special reference to the Indian commercial Banks.
e) e-com security and Techniques.
In the 26th National conference of Indian Association for Management Development (IAMD) and Inter-University council of Business Education and Research (IUCBER) held on 7th, 8th and 9th February 2002 at Vijayanagara Institute of Management studies, GUPG centre, Bellary.
- Presented a paper titled Management Trends in Lease Financing in the one day seminar on ‘service sector’ Opportunities and challenges held on 26th March 2002 and organized by the department of studies in Business Administration, Kuvempu University Post graduated centre, Shivagangotri, Davanagere.
- Presented a paper titled “Indian Business Education: challenges” in the one day seminar on challenges before Business Education organized by the department of Post graduate studies and research in commerce, PG centre, Shivagangotri, Davanagere, on 16th March 2003.
- Presented a paper titled “The relevance of Strategic Cost Management in the Indian context in the national workshop on modern trends in Accounting organized by the Invertis Institute of Management studies, Bareily, Uttar Pradesh, held between 30th April and 3rd May 2004.
- Presented a paper titled “Financial Management in selected mini Steel plants” in the national seminar organized by veerashiva college, Bellary in Feb 2007.
- ‘Emerging trends in the Indian Banking’ in the national seminar on changing dimensions of management in the New Millennium held on 21st and 22nd February, 2004 organized by Vijayanagara Institute of Management Studies, GU,PG centre, Bellary.
- Presented a paper entitled “Higher Education in India vision 2030” in the international seminar on India 25 year Hence, held on November 26th and 27th , 2005, organized by Invertis Institute Management Studies & Invertis Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bareily, Uttar Pradesh.
- Presented a paper entitled “Financial Engineering in Commercial Banks” in the Sixth International conference on operations and quantitative Management (ICOQM-VI) held on August 9-11, 2005, at Indian Institute of Management, Indore(M.P)
- Presented a paper entitled “Competency in the HR policies for the global presence” in the International Conference on Research in Management and Technology, held on 23rd and 24th March 2007, organized by Gnana Jyothi Institute of Management and Technology, Vishakhapatnam(A.P)
- Presented a paper titled “Externalities of Mining Industry in Bellary District” in a UGC sponsored two-day State level conference on Mining Industry and its impact, organized by Vijayanagara College, Hospet, Bellary District , held on 29th and 30th March 2007.
- Presented a paper entitled “Globalization and Carron Credit Business: A view through Indian context ” in the ninth International conference on Management of Transformation, held between 3rd and 5th January 2008, under the joint auspices of Delhi School of Professional studies and Research GGS Indraprsatha University, Delhi, Government of NCT of Delhi, Sri Sri Global Meditating Doctors Associations (GMDA), Society for Human Transformation and Research (SHTR).
- Presented in one day State Level seminar on “Capital Market Instruments and Corporate Fund Raising in India” organized by ARG College of Arts and Commerce, Davanagere on October 11th, 2008.
- Presented a paper in the National conference on Economic Recession and Management strategies held on 21st and 22nd February 2009 at Department of Studies and Research in Commerce and Management, Karnataka State Open University, Mysore.
- Presented a paper in the seminar on Redressal of Regional Imbalances, organized by Gavisiddeshwara College, Koppa.
AS RESOURCE PERSON
- Participated in more than eighty refresher courses, seminars, conferences as resource person organized by various universities/ institutions of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Pondichery, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu since 1996.
- Gave around 1000 special Lectures as visiting faculty to various Institutions of Management since 1996.
- Research done for Ph.D in Commerce.
Title: “Non-Bank Financial intermediaries – A study of Finance Corporations in Bellary District.
Guide: Dr. B.M. Wali
University: Karnataka University, Dharward.
A research project done in association with INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL & ECONOMIC CHANGE,Nagarabhavi Bangalore, on ‘Industrialization-Socio-Economic Externalities and State Policy’.
The candidates who have done Ph.D under my supervision and guidance are:-
- Dr. B. Shambulingappa – Financial Engineering Practices in India – A study of some select Branches.
- Dr. Sanjeev Kumar K.M. –“Strategic Service in Marketing in Health Care Industry: A case study of Apollo Hospital.
- Dr. V.P. Kamalakar – Marketing strategies for developing Tourism in and around Hampi, Bellary District of Karantaka State.
- Dr. G.P. Dinesh, “Teenage Life– centres and their Buying Behavior”.
- Dr. B. Ravi kishore, HR Practices in SMEs: A study of some select SMEs in Bellary District.
- Anitha R. Natekar :Marketing of Internet services in North Karnataka.
D) Guiding for Ph.D-
Guiding & Supervising Six more candidates for their Ph.D. in the areas of Total Quality Management, Knowledge Management, Human resource Management, Financial Management & Marketing Management.
E) Guided for M.Phil.
Guided Indravathi.G of Bangalore for her M.phil on the following topics:
“A study of Brand Management for Cadbury Chocolates in Bangalore”, Thesis submitted to SV University, Tirupathi.
F) Ph.D. Theses Adjudicated
- “Performance Budgeting in Defence Organisation –A study” by colonel V.K.Singh under the guidance of Dr.R.Nageswar Rao, Osmania university, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- “Strategy culture fit in selected multinational corporations: An empirical study” by Mrs.Cyntha Menezes of canara Bank School of Management, under the guidance of Dr.M.M.Vagganavar Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- “E-retailing through web-centric supply Chain management – A conceptual architecture for small medium retailers in Bangalore city”. by M.S.Dayananda Swamy under the guidance of Prof. M.Hampanna of S.K.University Ananthapur.
- “Corporate Megers and acquisitions in India: An Evaluation of Financial performance”. by Panduranga Nayore, under the guidance of Dr.T.Mallikarjunappa of Mangalore University, Mangalore.
- “Rural consumer Behavior towards consumer durables” by D.H.Malini, under the guidance of Dr.K.Venugopal Rao of S.K.University, Ananthapur.
- “Human Resource Management in Civil Society Organization (with special refrence to charge management)” by Hanuman Kennedy .S , under the guidance of Dr.B.Anitha Kumar of S.K.University, Ananthapur.
- “Consumer Behavior with reference to consumer Durables” by Katam Sunil Kumar, under the guidance of Prof.A.V.Satyanarayana Rao, osmania University,Hyderbad.
- “Attitude of investors towards Financial assets (with Special reference to Madurai City)” by Thangamuthu Margaret, under the guidance of Dr.N.Namasivayam.
- “Customer relationship management in financial services (with special reference to leasing in Bangalore, Karnataka)” by P.V.Raveendra. under the guidance of Prof. L.Venugopal Reddy S.K.University Ananthapur.
- “Information system in Andra Pradesh State Road, Transport Corporation (APSRTC)” : An Analysis and Design by P.Chenchu Reddy under the guidance of Dr.T.Siddaiah of Sri.Venkatewara University, Tirupathi.
- “Problems and prospects of Indian primary market” by A.Satish kumar under the guidance of Prof.Omprakash Kajipet of Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- “Buying Behavior of Urban Youth in Organized Retailing –A study in Hyderabad” by Karlapudy Chandra Prakash under the guidance of Prof.B.Krishna Reddy Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- “Evaluation of Institutional finance to educated unemployees – A case study”, by T. Malkaiah, under the guidance of Prof. K.Sayulu of Kakathiya University Warangal.
- “A Study of social Responsibility practices and disclosures by Indian companies with particular reference to Karnataka State, By H.V.Somayaji, under the guidance of Dr. H.V. Shankar Narayana of Mangalore University , Mangalore.
- “Impact of privatization of life insurance sector in India (A comparative study of LIC with private Insurers)”By Suneetha G. , under the Guidance of Prof. M.Hampanna, of S.K.University Ananthapur.
- “Marketing practices of leather Industry A Study with special reference to the Select Footwear Retail units in Tamil Nadu”, By MD. Imrazuddin, under the guidance of Prof.C.N.Krishna Naik of Sri Krishna devaraya University, Ananthapur .
- “Leadership and multinational strategies in Multinational companies An Empirical study”, By Mohamed Suhail Iqbal, Under the Guidance of Dr.M.Muninarayanappa of Bangalore University of Bangalore.
- “A Study on Spatial Inequality and Third Sector in India” by V.J.Byra Reddy,under the guidance of prof. T.N.Sreedhara of Mangalore University, Mangalore.
- “A study on life insurance Business in India in the post liberalization era” by V.Neelaveni, under the guidance of Prof. T.Siddaiah of Sri Venkateshwara University Tirupathi (A.P).
- “A study on buying Behavior of motor cycle users in Nellore district Andhra Pradesh” by T.Subbaiah under the guidance of prof. D.V.Ramana S.V.University , Thirupathi.
- “Costing Policies & Practices In Southern Collieries Company Ltd.,” by K.Rama gopal under the guidance of Prof. T.Jogachari Department of commerce & Management Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- “ Materials Management Polices & Practices in Karnataka State Road Corporation ( A study with special reference to Bellary Division )” by Tirumala Srinivasan under the guidance of P.Subbarao of S.K.University.
- G) M.Phil. Theses Adjudicated
1. “A Study of Marketing of Men’s Readymade Garments in Kollapur City” by Mrs.Vasundara.J.Mirje, under the guidance of Dr.M.M.Ali CHH.Shahu Central Institute of Business Education & Research ( An Autonomous Institute) Kollapur.
2. “Cost Management in State Road Transport Corporation- A regional Level Study” by Boja Manohar under the guidance of Prof. K. Omprakash of Kakatiya University, Warangal.
3. “ Foreign Direct Investment in India’s Educational Sector- A Study of Selected Foreign educational Institutions in Bangalore city of Karnataka State”, by Krupa Devi under the guidance of Dr.Yashwanth Kumshi, Periyar university, Selam.
H) Project Report Guidance
- Guided around One Hundred PGDBM students for their project work between 1984 and 1995.
- Guided around One Thousand MBA students for their project work since 1993.
Some research publications are as below:
- Profile of Bellary District Economy: Concept publishers “ An article in the Book entitled “Industrialization-Socio-Economic Externalities” edited by Dr. Abdul Aziz, Professor, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore.
- “Surviving Global competition : Strategy for Indian Firms” . An article in the book edited & published by Kiroloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar.
- “Regulating NBFIs-Limitation of the present status : Published in the Journal of Management Accountant, Nov, 1997 Issue.”
- “Guttige Hanakasina Vyavasthe-Hosa Belavanigegalu : Published in Yojana April 1998”.
- “ Industrial Development of Hyderabad Karnataka ( An inter regional & Inter District Analysis) published in IAMD journal of September, 2002.”
- “Management Trends in Lease Financing :Published in IAMD Journal of September 2002”
- “Strategy and competitor cognition: Exploring mental models of Industry actors (along with N.S.Shivasharan) journal of IAMD and IUCBER, Volume no. 26, Jan-June 2003, pp.1-6.”
- “Emerging global competitiveness evolving strategies for top line growth and bottom line results for Indian Companies (along with S.Nagaraj) Journal of IAMD and IUCBER vol no-26 Jan-June 2003 pp.28-35.”
- “Supply chain management (The strategic tool to cost reduction) (along with Dr.Shivaji waghamare and Mr.Rakesh Ainapur) Journal of IAMD & IUCBER No.1, Volume no.26, Jan-June 2003 pp 63-70”
- “Strategic HR policies for the Global presence with chandrashekhar Hiregoudar) Journal of IAMD&IUCBER Vol-29,No2, July –Dec 2006, p4-8.”
- “Portfolio Revision (with Md.Yusuf, Adambasha, C.Hiregoud) Journal of IAMD and IUCBER Vol-29,No2, July-Dec, 2006 pp 40-43.”
- “Management service provider : Managing your network chores, (with Rajeswari R.P. and Kavitha Juliet) Journal of IAMD and IUCBE. No2 July-Dec 2007, pp 11-13.”
- “E-Business : Impact of IT on Business (Necessity of Business process Re-engineering) Journal of IAMD and IUCBER No.2 July-Dec 2007, PP 24-28.”
- “Internal control system-structured way to manage Business (with Dr.Shivaji and Dr. Rakesh Ainapur) Journal of IAMD and IUCBER, No.2, July-Dec 2007, pp 43-56”
- “The Responsible mining in India (with Rajesh and C.Hiregouda) Journal of IAMD and IUCBER No.2 July-Dec 2007 pp 57-60.”
- “Volatility in Financial Markets Sub-prime Crisis : An Indian Perspective (with Thejaswini S, Ravikumar B and C.Hiregoudar) Journal of IAMD and IUCBER No.2 July-Dec 2007 pp 61-63.”
- “Globalization and carbon credit Business : A view through Indian context (with Rajesh, Swatika and Hiregoud)- Journal of IAMD & IUCBER Volume No. 2 July-December-2008.”
- “Financial Engineering as tool to improve Competence of Indian Commercial Banks, An article Published in the book edited by The Department of Business Administration, Mangalore university Mangalore published by Himalaya Publishers, Bombay.”
- An Article on “Financial Engineering in Commercial Banks” is published in the e-journal by the Organizers of ICOQM.
CASES WRITTEN FOR CLASSROOM ( UNPUBLISHED )
Written several cases for class room discussions ( since the managements of the organization have not given permission , hence they remain as unpublished cases used only for class room discussion ). Such Cases are written in the area of Accounting, financial management, cost management.
STUDY MATERIAL WRITTEN
Prepared study material for MBA students pertaining to the subjects mentioned below:-
1.Accounting for manager
2.Management of Financial services
3.Security Analysis and portfolio Management
4.Strategic Cost Management
5. Strategic management
6. Financial Management and
7. Total Quality Management
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
1. Journals Edited
(a)Joint managing editor of the journal of IAMD & IUCBR, since 2002.
(b)Edited Several Souvenirs.
(c)Made as a Referee for the papers of Various National & International Conferences in the Area of Accounting & Finance.
(d)Established Marketing Club, Finance Club, HR Club & Society for Excellence in Management for the Students & Corporates.
(e) Management Clinic has been established to solve the problems of the entrepreneurs and business People.
(f) Organized National Level Marketing Fairs as below:
1997: Train Tracking around 60 Companies Participated in it.
2000: Brand Trendz Y2K
2001: Brand Trapeze
2003: Brand Blitz
2006: Brand dhooth
(g)National Conferences & Seminars Organized:-
- The 26th National Conference of IAMD & IUCBR organized and around 300 delegates & 160 papers presenters participated in it.
- A National Seminar on Changing Dimensions of Management in the new millennium, christened it as Aayaam-2004.
- An Abhiyaan 2004, an interaction session, in collaboration with Bellary District Chartered Accountants Association.
- One day Seminar On Marketing Strategies in Collaboration with Hindu Business line in 2005.
(h) Management meets Organized:-
Several Management meets have been organized under various club activities.
( I ) Alumni meets:-
Every year between December & February an Alumni meet is organized, where in good no of alumni have been participating, guiding & assisting for the overall development of the Institute.
( j ) Pedagogy:-
I am Instrumental in introducing the following:
- Team teaching method
- The Scrap book method
- Games and Simulations method of teaching apart from the existing lecture method, presentation & group discussion methods.
- Designed Curriculum ( Syllabus ) for BBM, MBA and PGDBM courses in 1996, 1999 and 2002 of Gulbarga University programms ( as Chairman of Board of Studies ).
- Instrumental in designing Curriculum of MBA & MTA programmers of Various Universities ( as member of Board of studies).
POSTS HELD IN :
ASM COLLEGE FOR WOMEN BELLARY
* Lecturer between 01-08-1979 and Nov 1980.
* Senior Lecturer between July 1992 and Oct 1993
* Selection grade Lecturer between Nov 1993 and Sept 1995.
* Lecturer between Nov. 1980 and Oct 1988.
* Senior lecturer 1988 and July 2002.
GULBARGA UNIVERSITY (POST GRADUATE CENTRE AT BELLARY)
*As Reader between Sept. 1995 and 2003.
*As Professor since Sept 2003.
(I AM ELIGIBLE FOR PROFESSOR FROM 1ST JUNE 2001, THERE IS DISCRAPENCY IN THE DATES OF POSTS HELD WHICH IS DUE FOR RECTIFICATION)
- As Head Department of Commerce in ASM college for Women, Bellary for 3 yrs.
- As Special Officer GU PG Centre, Bellary for 12 yrs.
- As Chairman Department of Management for 10 yrs.
- As Dean, Faculty of Commerce & Management, GU Gulbarga for 2 yrs.
- As Chairman BOS in management for 10 Yrs.
- As Chairman BOE in management for 12 Yrs.
- As Academic Senate member for 2 Yrs.
- As Syndicate member for a short duration.
OTHER SOCIAL INTERACTIONS & OUTREACH
- Several Lectures Given on various Social Issues pertaining to Family Planning, National Integration etc.,
- Secretary of Vichara vahini, (forum of Free Thinkers), a wing of Gandhi Bhavan.
- Secretary cum Treasures of Indian Association for Management Development.
- Member of All India Commerce Association.
1.Dr.Abdul Azeez ( retired)
Professor of Industrial Economics, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Nagarabhavi, Bangalore.
2.Dr. V.H.Mulimani ( Retired )
Former Vice Chancellor Gulbarga University,
3.Dr.B.Sheshadri ( Retired )
Professor, Department of Development Studies, Kannada Vishvavidyalaya,
Hampi, Hospet TQ, Bellay Dist.