About the Centre
Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram is one of the most illustrious Political leaders of our country. Respectively Indians call him as “Babuji”. His name has been one of those embossed in golden letters on the political scenario of India for the crucial role he played on various occasions for contributing to the Progress of our country. With a view to carry out an in-depth study into his contribution and to disseminate the basic tenets and values propounded by him, the Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, with the munificent financial assistance by the State Government, established Babu Jagjivan Ram Study and Research Centre. The VSK University of Ballari is one of the Youngest universities in the State. Which has always been initiating new experiments and innovative programmes in the field of higher education setting its leadership edge in the fruits of higher education to masses. In this connection, Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram Study and Research Center was established on 5th April 2016 in Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ballari.
The Centre is engaged in studies and research pertaining to Babu Jagjivan Ram’s life, works and his illustrious political career, speeches and contribution to the development of the nation. The Centre, endowed with a practical outlook, in general ideas of Babuji to remote corners of city and rural belts. In Particular it is also joining hands with State Governmental and other agencies in reaching out valuable information of the programmes and facilities offered by the Government towards upliftment of the rural masses, women empowerment and betterment of the downtrodden. Presently Dr. Thippeswamy.H serving as Coordinator of the Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram Study and Research Center.
* To promote research activities on Babu Jagjivan Ram’s Ideology
* To ensure Social Justice and empowerment of Weaker Sections.
Practical exposés of contemporary issues of exclusion and inclusion on ‘Contributions of Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram’.
Objectives of the Centre:
1. To study Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram’s thoughts and their relevance to contemporary society.
2. To study the impact of socio-political and economic factors on Dr. Jagjivan Ram’s thinking and ideology.
3. To understand Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram’s perception on socio economic change.
4. To propagate the philosophy and ideologies of Dr.Babuji’s thoughts and their relevance to the present modern society by way of taking his message to rural areas by means of extension programmes.
5. To offer courses at different levels on areas and the idea’s of Dr. Babuji.
6. To undertake research on and about Dr.Babu Jagjivan Ram and his thinking and related areas.
7. To conduct seminars/conferences/workshops and Lectures to high light the Babuji’s ideology, Thoughts and writings.
8. To take up Research Projects and Action Plan Research for the holistic development of weaker sections with a focus on the unreached.
9. To Establish the “Dr.Babuji Museum” and Library
10. To conduct the Training Programmes for Rural and urban UN Employ’s/Youths
11. To create the Awareness Programme in Rural Areas about eradication of Social Evils
12. To compare and contrast Jagjivan Ram’s thoughts and ideologies with other socio-political thinkers in the context of reconstruction of Indian society.
13. To establish Babu Jagjivan Ram exhibition centers.
14. To propagate the philosophy and ideologies of Babuji’s thoughts and their relevance to modern society by way of taking his message to rural areas by means of extension programmes.
15. To undertake research on and about Babu Jagjivan Ram and his thinking and related areas.
* Conducted the 10 days workshop of Research for Sc-St Research Students
* Conducted the 2 days National level Seminar on “Thoughts of Dr. Babujagajivanram”
* Conducted the Dr.Babuji Photo Exhibition at Vskub Museum
* Regularly conducted the Dr.Babuji Birth day Anniversary Programmes
* Conducted the Lecture Series
Future Plans of the Centre:
To conduct Research and extension activities reflecting Babuji’s thoughts on different issues and areas. Such activities and extension programmes would be on various social issues relating to secularism, social harmony, agriculture, economics, food production, defense management, labour welfare, women Empowerment and ideology of Babu Jagjivan Ram.