The Other Backward Cell has been established to provide special assistance to students and research scholars of this University in the year 2015 The Government of Karnataka has introduced many welfare schemes for the benefit of students and scholars belonging to OBC studying in post graduation and also for those pursuing Ph.D. The important functions of the OBC cell is to see that all the OBC and research scholars get the benefits in the form of scholarships and hostel accommodations. The OBC cell is working hard to help the OBC students and scholars of this University.
Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University believes that meritorious and economically socially backward class students should not be deprived of opportunity to continue higher education due to financial barriers. In an effort to recognize and encourage the academic excellence, Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University awards Merit Scholarships for academically meritorious students and freeships to few categories of students. The purpose of this policy is to provide financial support for meritorious and other category of students to enable them to overcome financial constraints to continue Higher Education.
1. To award scholarship to meritorious students who take admission to PG/Ph.D programs in the University.
2. To award scholarship to meritorious students in PG/Ph.D programs in the University.
3. To award Freeship to students from economically marginalized section to continue higher education.
• To educate, enlighten and empower the students and staff of OBC categories in the university to make use of the facilities extended by the Govt. and other agencies for their educational & occupational career.
• To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in university and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India and UGC.
• To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non teaching positions in the universities and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota
• To organize the Continuing Education Programmes (CEPs) for students, researches, teachers and non-teaching staff of the university to update their knowledge and skills.
• To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by the University/ Government of India and UGC (University Grant Commission) and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admission of candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes in the University for different courses in prescribed form within the stipulated date, and to take follow-up works, where ever required.
• To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by Government of India and University Grants Commission’s decisions in respect of appointment and promotion for teaching and non-teaching posts in the University in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where ever required.
• To collect reports, orders and information issued by Government of India and the UGC on the various aspects of Education, Training and Employment of other Backward Classes candidates for evolving new Policies or modifying existing policies.
• To analyses information so collected and prepare reports and digests for onward transaction to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, University Grant Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
• To monitor the working of the remedial Coaching Scheme in the University for OBC students, including Minorities students.
• To organize and monitor special coaching/training/ remedial coaching scheme in the University for OBC and Minorities students to prepare them for UGC-NET/SLET/JRF/SET/other Competitive Examinations.
• To co-ordinate through university with Govt. (State & Central), UGC and such other organizations to get Scholarship/freeship/other financial benefits for OBC & minority students.
• To deal with representations received from Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Minorities Candidates regarding their admission, Scholarships, Recruitment, Promotion and other similar matters in the University.
• Any other works assigned by the University from time to promote higher education among OBC students and staff.
1. 01 To function as a Grievances Redress Cell for grievances of OBC students and staff including minorities’ students and employees of the University and render them necessary help in solving their academic, research as well as administrative problems.
2. 02 To maintain data base of candidates belonging to OBC & Minorities in the University to facilitate in placement service